Barriers for Incoming Professionals – Queen’s Journal

  According to a Queen’s study, people professionally trained abroad have difficulty becoming certified to work in Canada. Currently, an international doctor, nurse, teacher or engineer with English as a Second Language (ESL) must complete recertification and licensing upon coming to Canada to work in the same profession. According to Queen’s education professor Liying Cheng, one of the … [Read more...]

More Funding for Immigrant Professionals

The Canadian federal government is promising more money to help immigrant professionals get Canadian accreditation. In its budget presented to the parliament on Tuesday, Mar. 22, the government says it will “test ways to help foreign-trained workers cover the costs associated with the foreign credentials recognition process”. The budget has been sparing in regards to details of the funding, … [Read more...]

Add to Technorati Favorites